Julia Budden, Counsellor, Ecotherapist, Artist
Nature Art, Nature Immersion, Environmental Education, Ecotherapy & Counselling in Cape Town
Nature immersion benefits for kids & adults
Being in nature has many scientfically researched and proven health and happiness benefits for adults and children. Nature arts and crafts, Nature Immersion and experiential Environmental Education, are wonderful ways for children and adults to benefits from the healing, calming, grounding and inspiring qualities of Nature.
Scientifically proven benefits of regular time in Nature include:
- A greater sense of self confidence, optimism, calm and hope
- Develops enjoyment of physical activity and outside exercise
- Teaches how to take calculated risks
- Unleashes creativity and encourages learning through play and playfulness.
- In some cases, it has been found that being regularly in nature can significantly improve the symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), providing a calming influence and helping concentration and focus.
- Feeling a part of and connected to nature has been shown to significantly correlate with life satisfaction, vitality, meaningfulness, happiness, mindfulness, and lower cognitive anxiety.
- Recent Psychological studies link walking regularly in nature abundant places with lowered levels of negative rumination, improved mood and increased emotional regulation
- Fosters a deeper love and appreciation of nature, and how it can continue to support wellbeing throughout life
- Fosters interest in outdoor activities, hobbies, eco volunteering and eco careers
- Creates a desire to protect, preserve and actively live in a way that prevents damage to the earth and all its creatures.
Counselling & Ecotherapy
According to Howard Clinebell, who wrote a 1996 book on the topic, Ecotherapy refers to healing and growth nurtured by healthy interaction with the earth. It is an umbrella term for a variety of nature-based practices . Ecopsychology is the parent term, of which Ecotherapy is the applied or practical application of its principles.
Ecotherapy practices can support you in your personal growth, through a crisis or trauma or times of high stress and burnout, at difficult life transitions, through grief, loss and bereavement, in relationships with others and the mind, body, spirit and place.
With Nature as your ally and guide, you can experience the grounding, regulating, nurturing effects of a deeper connection with the Nature near you.
Julia offers indoor and outdoor Counselling and Ecotherapy in Cape Town, which uses gentle nature-based practices for self-awareness, self discovery, wellbeing and joy. Julia as your gentle co-facilitator, will help you create a life more in balance with your true nature and the environment around you.