Nature, Creativity, Connection & Wellbeing
Workshops for Adults & Children & Nature-based Counselling in Cape Town
Nature immersion benefits for kids & adults
Scientifically proven benefits of regular time in Nature include:
- A greater sense of self confidence, optimism, calm and hope
- Develops enjoyment of physical activity and outside exercise
- Teaches how to take calculated risks
- Unleashes creativity and encourages learning through play and playfulness.
- In some cases, it has been found that being regularly in nature can significantly improve the symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), providing a calming influence and helping concentration and focus.
- Feeling a part of and connected to nature has been shown to significantly correlate with life satisfaction, vitality, meaningfulness, happiness, mindfulness, and lower cognitive anxiety.
- Recent Psychological studies link walking regularly in nature abundant places with lowered levels of negative rumination, improved mood and increased emotional regulation
- Fosters a deeper love and appreciation of nature, and how it can continue to support wellbeing throughout life
- Fosters interest in outdoor activities, hobbies, eco volunteering and eco careers
- Creates a desire to protect, preserve and actively live in a way that prevents damage to the earth and all its creatures.